Mancini job sweat
The Etihad chief awoke to reports that Malaga’s Manuel Pellegrini had been in talks about replacing him next season.
He was angry that City had not killed off the rumours about Pellegrini.
And following the 1-0 Wembley defeat to Wigan, he said he will know his fate after Sunday’s league game against Norwich, when his position is reviewed by the club’s Abu Dhabi owners.
He said: “I know football and anything can happen. In one or two weeks you will know if it’s true or not.
“If it’s not true then a lot of stupid things have been written. If it’s true, then I’m stupid.
“It’s not my problem if I will retain my job.
David Platt: We owe it to the fans to bounce back
MAN CITY coach hopes two wins from club’s last two league games can help make up for painful Wembley loss
“I will work at 100 per cent always. I am sure that we have done a good job for three years. My contract is for four years — not one.
“You’ve continued to speak about this for the last six months and for the last two weeks, it’s been too much.
“I don’t know why the club didn’t stop this.
“It’s rubbish, this speculation.
“But we will see in two weeks — maybe one week, when the season ends — if it’s true.”
There has been no public backing for Mancini from chairman Khaldoon al Mubarak or new chief executive Ferran Soriano and his director of football Txiki Begiristain.
The club held a board meeting yesterday morning yet there were still no assurances for the Italian that he will be in charge when next season kicks off.