World’s Top 8 Single Female Billionaire
Some of them are not so young, some are wild, but most importantly, all of them are free. Most may have earned their money through inheritance, but there is one who earned her way to fortune. They are the billionaire bachelorettes.
1. Isha Ambani – $27 billion Isha Ambani is the daughter of Mukesh Ambani, the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Reliance Industries Limited, or RIL. She plays football and the piano and was active in the student body of her high school. She studies at Yale University trying to pursue degrees in Psychology and South Asian Studies.
2. Charlotte Casiraghi – $5.7 billion Charlotte Marie Pomeline Casiraghi is the fourth in line to the throne of the Mediterranean principality of Monaco. She is the second child of Princess Caroline and the late Stefano Casiraghi and the granddaughter of Prince Rainier III, the ruler of the principality of Monaco. She earned a degree in Philosophy from Sorbonne University. She is an athlete campaigning actively in the equestrian circuit. She is also a model, serving as the face and official ambassador of Gucci. She is a journalist, working as the editor at large of Above Magazine. She is also an environment activist, helping publish the Ever Manifesto that exposes and highlights the harmful impact of the fashion industry on the global environmental. It also promotes the concept of sustainability in the fashion industry. She used to date Felix Winckler, Andreas R. K. Warnsing and Alex Dellal. She is currently in a relationship with Gad Elmaleh.
3. Tamara Ecclestone – $3.9 billion Tamara Ecclestone is the daughter of the Formula One Racing mogul Bernie Ecclestone. Though she was born in Milan, she actually has British citizenship. She attended the London School of Economics and the University College London, though she failed to finish her studies. She also serves as a television presenter, hosting shows like Sky Sports Italia’s coverage of the 2009 season of Formula One and the Red Bull Air Race World Championship. She also had her own reality show in 2011 called Tamara Ecclestone: Billion $$$ Girl. She is also a model, serving as the face of the lingerie line called Ultimo. She has had her share of love life, having been linked before to Jonathan Keterman, Andreas R. K. Warnsing and Omar Khyami. Keterman is now on trial after attempting to blackmail Tamara, while Khyami was dumped after a sex tape surfaced showing him with other women. Tamara is now engaged to Jay Rutland, a senior broker that she met in January 2013.
4. Anna Abramovich – $3.4 billion Anna Abramovich is the daughter of Roman Abramovich, the Russian billionaire tycoon that owns Chelsea Football Club in the English Premier League. The family made their fortune in the aftermath of the collapse of communism in the old Soviet Union. It turned its holdings in Sibneft, a large Russian oil company that it acquired through the controversial loans-for-shares programs, into billions after having paid only $100 million for shares worth $150 million. Anna has inherited her father’s love for the good times. While Roman has been playing around with his football club, private jets and a $1.5 billion-dollar yacht tagged as the largest in the world, Anna has been partying around with well-known celebrities like Will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas.
5. Filiz Sahenk – $3 billion Filiz Sahenk is the head of the luxury brand clothing line, as well as the tourism business, of the Dogus Holding onglomerate of her family. The company’s main investment is in Garanti Bank, though it also holds interests in media, construction and finance. Some of the luxury brands under the Dogus control in Turkey are Tod’s, Emporio Armani, Loro Piana, Gucci and In-Formal. She also serves as President of the Ayhan Sahenk Foundation, the family’s charitable institution. She is the sister of Ferit Sahenk and the daughter of Deniz Sahenk, both of whom are billionaires as well.
6. Oprah Winfrey – $2.7 billion Oprah Winfrey is known as the “Queen of Talk” and the “Queen of All Media.” She has been in a relationship with Stedman Graham, a businessman, since 1986. Whether they will actually get married is the million dollar question, something Winfrey can well afford anyway she wants to given the amount of her wealth. Though her network show is now over, she still has her own network called the Oprah Winfrey Network, or OWN. She is also the Chairperson and Chief Executive Officer of Harpo Productions.
7. Alicia Koplowitz – $2.1 billion Alicia Koplowitz full name is Doña Alicia María Koplowitz Romero de Juseu, 7th Marquise of Bellavista. She and her sister, Esther, inherited Construcciones y Contratas, S.A., or CYCSA, a Spanish construction giant founded by their late father. In 1997, Alicia sold part of her shares to her sister for $800 million. She then established a new company called Omega Capital, which has since become one of the largest family offices in Europe. The company has become well known for its tight handling of its portfolio, allowing their funds to earn at least 10 percent with less than three percent volatility. The funds handled by the company are the only Spanish funds considered as the best performers around the world. A very low-key person rarely seen in social events outside of her company’s gatherings, she still flies commercial for her trips outside of her native country. She has three sons, all of whom have become successful as well.
8. Delphine Arnault – $2 billion Delphine Arnault is one of the richest women of France and in the world. She graduated from the EDHEC Business School in Lille and the London School of Economics. The daughter of Bernard Arnault, the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton S.A., she first worked for McKinsey & Company in Paris before joining her father’s company. She is the second biggest individual stockholder in the company with 7.5 percent of all its shares. She serves as the Human Resources Manager in the company, though she has also contributed significantly in product development. Among the products she helped developed was Dior Parfums. She got married in 2005 to Alessandro Vallarino Gancia, an Italian heir to the Gancia dynasty of wines. The two got a divorce after five years, however.